Senior Research Fellow / Researcher – Administration & Leadership
Education Administration and Leadership
The International Institute for Islamic Thought (iiit) is seeking a senior research fellow in administration and leadership who will support the research aims of the institute. The successful candidate will promote the understanding of how leadership and administration can impact and promote educational change especially when implemented policies and strategies rely on empirical research as evidence to advance education in Muslim societies (AEMS).
The successful job candidate will be expected to lead projects and complex tasks, and to work on a range of leadership and administration issues (including pedagogy, teaching evaluation, curriculum development, and educational policy). In addition, to develop data collection tools, methods, and research designs to address research questions; lead and carry out data collection and analysis; and write reports and interpret specific analyses.
Evidence of application of research principles in K-12 educational leadership with emphasis in one or more of the following areas: leadership, supervision of instruction, curriculum leadership, assessment of learning, professional development, reform initiatives or a related area of educational leadership is required.
We seek a candidate who can also manage project schedules, contribute to and lead proposal development, write papers for publication in journals, present at conferences, and supervise and mentor more junior staff. Candidates should have demonstrated methodological expertise. A successful candidate will conduct original research consistent with the research model, applying rigorous methods to answer questions of administration policy and practice in collaboration with educational stakeholders. Candidates must have evidence of expertise and impact in educational research. Quantitative and qualitative methodological skill sets are sought, which could include expertise in one or more of the following: survey methodology, causal analysis, longitudinal analysis, demographic methods, focus groups, interview, and observational methodologies. The candidate should be prepared to discuss his/her areas of content and methodological expertise and experience.
• Ph.D. or a doctorate in education leadership and administration, or related subjects.
• 5+ years of experience in serving as a principal investigator or providing technical leadership for large research or evaluation projects, those with multiple concurrent tasks and activities, on adult basic education services.
• Demonstrated quantitative research skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and an interest in building a solid research portfolio.
• Experience with a range of research or evaluation methodologies and analytic approaches.
• Experience with managing large-scale datasets with familiarity with one or more of the following software: STATA, R, SPSS, SAS or other statistical software preferred and open to learning new statistical tools as required by different projects.
• Conduct and lead studies using rigorous designs such as randomized control trials, regression discontinuity, and quasi-experimental designs with tight controls
• Translate education research into guidelines and recommendations for a variety of audiences (decision makers, practitioners, and the public).
• Work well with others and have the flexibility and ability to take initiative.
• Experience in research in international contexts. Understand and be sensitive to the contexts of Muslim societies including the political and social conditions and challenges.
• The ability to commit for at least 10 hours a week.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
• Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs. Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
• Ability to work independently and lead tasks.
• Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tack and diplomacy.
February 14, 2019
February 13, 2019