3rd International Islamic Universities Conference, Zanzibar, Tanzania
‘INTEGRATING ISLAMIC STUDIES WITH SCIENCE, TECHNICAL AND SOCIAL SCIENCES’ CALL FOR PAPERS
Date: 1st – 5th August, 2019
Venue: SUMAIT University, Zanzibar – Tanzania
Organizer: jointly organized by SUMAIT University and International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT)
A – BACKGROUND
- The International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) has been organizing international conferences in collaboration with Muslim universities in the effort to Islamize knowledge.
- The First Conference was held at the Muslim University of Morogoro (MUM) in Tanzania in August 2014 under the theme: Islamic Epistemology and Curriculum Development.
- The Second Conference took place at the Islamic University in Uganda (IUIU) from July 29th to August 2nd 2016 under the theme: Holistic Youth Personality Development (Tarbiyya) in Higher Education.
- This year, similar conference is scheduled to take place at SUMAIT University in Zanzibar, Tanzania between 1st and 5th August 2019 under the theme: Integrating Islamic Studies with Essential Social and Technical Competence for the Betterment of the Ummah.
B – CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS
- This Conference is organized by the SUMAIT University in collaboration with the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT).
C – CONFERENCE THEME
The main theme: (Integrating Islamic Studies with Essential Social and Technical Competence for the betterment of the Ummah)
Sub theme 1: Integrating Islamic knowledge and social sciences
- Language and Literature.
- Politics and Law.
- Ethics and Belief.
- Economic and Business.
Sub-Theme 2: Integrating Islamic knowledge and sciences.
- Biological sciences.
- Medicinal sciences.
- Physical sciences.
- Technical sciences.
- Food sciences and nutrition
D – ABSTRACT AND PAPER SUBMISSION
Abstract and full papers can be submitted in the following languages:
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please submit abstracts using the template word file. Please use one word file for one submission. The paper submission guidelines can be accessed via conference website https://conference.sumait.ac.tz All abstracts and papers should be submitted and sent to this Email: email@example.com
E – IMPORTANT DATES
- Abstract submission deadline: 5th June 2019
- Feedback of Abstract : 10th June, 2019
- Final Paper submission deadline 5th July, 2019
- Arrival afternoon of 1st August, 2019
- Registration: 2nd August, 2019
- Departure 5th August, 2019 after breakfast
- Conference Dates: 1st – 5th August 2019, Zanzibar at SUMAIT University Campus.
F- CONFERENCE FEES
- Each participant will cater for his travel costs.
- Publication fee $ 50 only or 118,000 TSH. Free Hostel Accommodation and food.
- All accepted manuscripts written in English after the review process will be published in selected reader’s insight journals (free of charge)
- Reviewed manuscripts written in Arabic and Kiswahili will be sent to SUMAIT University Journal for publication.
- In ISI indexed conference proceedings (with additional of 70 euro per article).
- Participation fee 30, 000 TSH / $ 15
G – PUBLICATIONS AND PARTICIPATION FEES INCLUDE:
- Conference bag (abstract book, note book, pen and name tag)
- Admission to opening and closing ceremony
- Admission to all sessions
- Meals during conference
- Review of paper and Publication
- Certificate of presentation
- Certificate of presentation
- Free hostel accommodation